torsdag 28. oktober 2010

Scotland (3)

20th of April 2010

My last day in Scotland, but since my plane didn’t live until 5 p.m., I decided to go a bit earlier to Edinburgh, so finally I would have the chance to be one of the one million persons every year who visit Edinburgh Castle. There were, as expected, a lot of tourists. I went to the top of the Castle Rock, where I got this panoramic view over the city. Edinburgh Castle is situated in Princes Street, which is a street that contains a mix of both great shopping and sightseeing experiences. 


After some hours with walking in the streets, I decided to have a coffee and a snack at Starbucks. The Starbucks I went to was actually situated in a book shop, if I could say so. This is quite clever, because people can come to the three floor big book shop, and when they come to the top floor, they probably will be so exhausted that they just have to sit down and drink or eat something from the well known Starbucks, which you can find in a lot of countries. Additionally, this is good for the book shop too. Because when people are going to Starbucks, they have to go through the whole book shop. Then they perhaps will see one or two books that they find interesting, and maybe they will read it while they are eating or drinking something at Starbucks. Afterwards, they will maybe buy it when they are leaving.

After I had been at Starbucks for some time, it was time for me to turn my head back home. 
When I was sitting on the plane, I watched James Bond, Goldfinger, to be completely accurate, on my ipod, and that reminded me that the actor who played James Bond in that film, Sean Connery, originally comes from Scotland.

At the moment I’m lying in my bed, ready to get some sleep. This has been an unforgettable holiday with tons of experiences. However, I’m glad to be back home and I’m looking forward to finally get some rest.  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar